Thursday, January 29, 2009

Twenty nine degrees!!!

Well, I haven't been writing on here every day like I had planned (big surprise), but I am going to blame my internet carrier. They suck. There's something wrong with the signal in our area of the city (so they say) and it will "take some time" to get it fixed. Meanwhile, I am paying for high-speed internet while not actually getting high speed internet. It's not that huge of a deal, unless I am trying to do something like upload pictures onto my blog (!) or watch a video online. I have threatened to go back to dial-up because I swear that was faster. I am gritting my teeth and waiting it out because the last time a repairman was here (one of many trips in the past two months) he promised they would get it resolved soon.

Having said all that, today it seems like things are going well as far as these issues go. The extremely cold weather has made it worse and it's warmer today--29 degrees, which seems downright balmy compared to the teens and single digits we've been experiencing the past few days. When I got up Monday morning it was -12. Minus. Twelve. Degrees. That's damn cold. So 29 feels like summer right now.

No comments: