Saturday, January 17, 2009

Okay, this isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I want to blog. I really do. I can't tell you how many times something happens and I start writing in my head, going, "God, this would be a GREAT blog." But it wouldn't be a great blog if it wasn't preceded by other blogs. In other words, I'm having a hard time getting out of the starting gate. I guess I'm hung up on that whole perfection thing again. See, even though right now, I'm the only one who sees this, eventually I want to open it up to my friends and, yikes! What if they looked back and saw how incredibly lame things were in the beginning? And it doesn't help that I've been looking at dozens of other amazing blogs by totally brilliant women, so that raises the bar a little bit.

So, here's the deal. I'm just going to have to get over this intimidation thing and just do this. I need this. I will just start blogging without any delusions of profundity and try to trust myself. I will be learning as I go ('cause I know absolutely nothing about how to do this) so it will be a little rough. And, if you are someone who is reading this in the future and looking back at archives, hopefully you'll be amazed at how far I've come!!!

No comments: